Reimbursing Expenses Under Accountable Reimbursement Plans - These Days, It's the Only Game in Town
Registration is Closed
Online registration for this course is now closed. Please contact the Member Service Center at (800) 342-3197 if you wish to inquire about registering.
With employee business expenses no longer deductible for employees, reimbursing employees is the only game left in town. Tens of thousands of dollars, if not more, are at risk annually, all at the throws of whether an accountable expense reimbursement plan is properly structured and operated. To be on the right side of this one, nothing at all can be taken for granted. All must be done impeccably else the employment and income tax consequences can be fierce.
**Please Note: If you need credit reported to the IRS for this IRS approved program, please download the IRS CE request form on the Course Materials Tab and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To learn the critical importance of proper structure and operation of an accountable plan to reimburse employees for out-of-pocket business expenditures
- To learn how proper substantiation can save your bacon or improper substantiation can cook it
- To learn how to do everything right in this context and take nothing for granted
- Proper structure and operation of an accountable expense reimbursement plan
- Deadly consequences of failure to properly structure and operate
- Per diem plans for away from home travel and meals
- Reimbursing employees for use of employee's vehicle
- What does WWWWH have to with it anyway?
- How language on the paycheck stub can sink your boat (even if you do everything else right)
- What is temporary travel and why is it so not great if it's not
- When an employer can pay for an item directly and to avoid taxable wages (what substantiation must be done no matter what)
- How a sole proprietor or partner can benefit from these rules
- Tool rentals: The good, the bad and the not pretty at all
- How the Alaskan pipeline led to a huge stumbling block we all must heed