Ethics: Protecting the Integrity of Florida CPAs (4980)
Registration is Open
Mia Thomas, CPA, CGMA
It is essential for CPAs to have an understanding of the ethical problems and principles that impact their daily interactions with clients, employers, and regulatory authorities. This course reviews the frameworks provided in the Florida Statutes, the Rules of the Florida Board of Accountancy, and the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct that determine the expectations for your behavior as a Florida CPA. In addition to focusing on the application of specific rules and requirements in those frameworks, the course will also examine recent trends in business and professional ethics.
This course is designed for CPAs in all areas of practice and fulfills the biennial ethics requirements for Florida CPAs.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe how codes of conduct, professional responsibilities, and core values of the profession issued by various organizations impact the practice of accounting.
- Identify how Florida Statutes 455 and 473 and Florida Administrative Code 61H1 provide guidance for ethical practice.
- Identify how newly revised/ proposed interpretations, rulings, and legislation affect Florida licensees.
- Recognize practice and compliance issues such as independence that affect ethical conduct.
The major topics of this course include:
- AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
- Business ethics
- Chapters 455 and 473, F.S.
- 61H1 F.A.C.
- Common violations of Florida laws and rules
- Client record retention
- CPE requirements
- Disciplinary actions
- Integrity and objectivity
- Licensure requirements – individuals and firms
- Peer Review Practice mobility
Designed For:This course is designed for CPAs in all areas of practice and fulfills the biennial ethics requirements for Florida CPAs.
In-person FICPA seminars are GOING ONLINE for 2020! Due to the continuing COVID-19 crisis, all live FICPA seminars will be presented in a webinar format through January 31, 2021.Our webinars include a live presentation with speaker audio, video and PowerPoint presentation. Attendees can ask questions. Speaker will repeat questions to share with all attendees and answer questions as time allows. Individuals can also reach out to speakers directly via email after the event.