Thank you for your interest in serving on the Scholarship Foundation Board of Trustees (BOT). Since 1959, the SF has provided more than $3 million in scholarships to support Florida accounting students. Through its generous donors, the SF provides more than $130,000 annually in scholarship awards to assist Florida’s future CPA leaders.
The SF has adopted the following procedures for those seeking to run for a seat on its BOT.
- The SF BOT is comprised of At-Large Seats and an Executive Committee (not less than five (5) and not more than 35 members).
- At-Large Seats are elected by the Members for a term of three years.
- Executive Committee officers are elected by the Members for a period of one year.
- Most terms begin July 1 and expire June 30.
Elections are held at SF's Annual Meeting. The Nominating Committee receives and reviews all applicants. The Nominating Committee is charged with putting forth a slate of candidates to the Membership meeting the needs of the SF and maintaining a BOT that is representative of the size, profile, and scope of services offered by the Membership.
The BOT meets in-person twice per year; at the SF’s Annual meeting (usually in June) and at the fall BOT meeting (usually in November). Trustees may also convene via conference calls, as needed.
Eligibility for Election to the SF Trustees:
- A member of the SF (active donor) in good standing AND donating at any of the following levels:
• Platinum ($5,000), Diamond Life ($2,500), Fellow ($1,000), Life ($500) –or– is a member who is pledged at either the Platinum, Diamond Life, Fellow or Life levels.
- Understands the CPA marketplace, particularly the educational and career development needs of future CPAs
- Willingness to commit time, talent, and resources necessary to actively assist with fundraising and to be a good steward of the SF
- A team player who works well in a
group,listens carefully and is thoughtful in considering issues
- No unresolved ethics complaints
- Willingness to serve without financial reimbursement or remuneration
All applicants must complete and submit an electronic application form. This includes all current Trustees seeking reappointment as well as former Trustees and all new candidates. Prior to completing your application, please review